If you are reading this, you are probably one of the first people to get their hands on the Generic Node Sensor Edition. We are extremely excited to have you as a part of our community!
The Generic Node Sensor Edition is a unique device for several reasons:
- It is a functional device that can be used for many LoRaWAN applications
- It is a production-ready device that incorporates STMicroelectronics’ new STM32WL SOC
- It is a reference design hardware
- It has a source available firmware
Developer’s Beta rollout
The Generic Node Sensor Edition is currently in Beta phase.
- You are one of the few people who can actually experience the device hardware and firmware
- You can contribute to the development of the device
So, as part of the Beta phase we expect you to:
- Be able to flash, debug and interact with the device
- Be able to connect external serial loggers, debuggers and sensors
- Contribute to the development of the device by raising issues
- Develop and try different applications
And you can expect us to:
- Prioritize any issue that you face
- Analyze and incorporate your feedback
Where to start?
Where to contribute?
The Generic Node Forum is where we have discussions and where you can provide feedback. You will be added to a private group with other Beta developers.
You will recieve a couple of emails to assist you with trying out some cool features that are only possible with the Generic Node Sensor Edition, like:
- QR code claiming
- Secure element claiming
- Adding external sensors
- Using FreeRTOS with LoRaWAN
- Using TinyML with LoRaWAN
- LoRaWAN FUOTA
We look forward to seeing awesome projects being built with the Generic Node Sensor Edition! We will share with you all the cool things developed within the community.